New Pet Dermatology Clients
Whether you are a new client or just visiting our website for the first time, welcome to Dermatology for Animals! In order to ensure a seamless initial appointment with us, we have provided a list of what to expect on your first visit to one of our animal dermatology centers.
- Please download, print, and complete the new-client, extra-label pharmaceuticals, and patient history forms and bring them with you to your first appointment.
Download New Client Form
Download Extra-Label Pharmaceuticals Form
Download Patient History Form
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early for your appointment. This gives the staff time to meet you and verify all information about you and your pet.
- We ask that you do not bathe your pet at least two days prior to the exam.
- Unless otherwise requested, Dermatology for Animals will contact your referring veterinarian for current medical history regarding your pet. This allows us to establish communication with your regular veterinarian and in some cases alleviates the burden of running duplicate tests.
- At every appointment, your veterinarian will review your pet’s medical history and perform a thorough dermatologic examination. Tests such as cytology, skin scrapings, culture or blood work may be required to obtain an accurate assessment of your pet. Your veterinarian will then discuss the various treatment options available. Please download, print, and complete the patient-history form and bring it with you to your first appointment.
- At the end of the examination, you will receive relevant handouts and instructions regarding medications prescribed by your veterinarian. If you were referred to us by another veterinarian, a summary letter will then be sent outlining your pet's visit with us.
To schedule an appointment, speak with your pet's veterinarian or give us a call at (877) 604-8366. We look forward to meeting you and being able to provide expert, compassionate and quality dermatological care for your pet.
Viewing these documents requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free by clicking here.